The Travel Subscription Box for Outdoor Lovers: Living the Adventure with Explore Magazine
As someone who loves hiking, camping, canoeing, skiing, and everything outdoors, I was very interested when I heard about Explore Magazine’s Live the Adventure Gear Box. Subscription boxes are all the rage but in most of the ones I’ve heard about or seen, I felt like I wouldn’t use the items inside for very long. When I looked up some more information on Explore’s travel subscription box geared towards outdoor lovers I was sold.
This is a sponsored post. If you have a product or tour that you would like reviewed please check out my Work With Me page. Please note that I only publicly review services, products, tours, and accommodations that I absolutely love and use. Check out my Disclaimer for more info.
What is Explore’s Live the Adventure Club?
Explore Magazine is an online and print magazine for outdoor adventurers, campers, hikers, and travelers. They created the ‘Live the Adventure Club’ to help encourage people to spend more time outdoors. To join the online club, you subscribe to the Live the Adventure subscription box, or ‘Gear Box’ program.
How the Gear Box Subscription Works
Once you’ve subscribed to the Live the Adventure Gear Box, you will receive a box full of outdoor gear each season. The best part is you pay $97 per box but receive $150+ worth of gear each time!
You also will get access to Live the Adventure’s online club which has regular challenges designed to get you outdoors and using your gear. And you can even win prizes!
I personally love both the boxes I have received so far and am so excited to receive others. I use the stainless steel water bottle I got in the most recent winter box every day now!
What kind of Gear comes in the Boxes?
Different gear is rounded up and added to the gear boxes each month. Each piece is hand-selected by Explore Magazine’s editors who are constantly testing out gear for the magazine.
In each box, you get 4-6 pieces of new gear and the latest issue of Explore Magazine, on top of the Live the Adventure Club online community access to challenges and prizes.
2021/2022 Winter Gear Box
I absolutely loved the 2021/2022 Winter Gear Box! I’ve used almost everything in it already. In fact, I use the water bottle that came in it every day and I’ve gotten a lot of use out of the versatile Buff as well. I bring the first aid kit, emergency light, and carabiner everywhere and I’m excited to use the lighter torch for camping on my next trip.
The Winter Gear Box came with:
- A 950 mL insulated water bottle
- One Buff made of recycled materials and created with a unique earth-friendly design made for members of the LTA Club
- A first aid kit packed full of bandages and other items
- One round LED safety beacon and flashlight
- A lighter torch for starting campfires easily
- A carabiner with an added hook
- One yummy Made with Local real food bar
- The latest issue of Explore Magazine
2022 Spring Gear Box
I just received the 2022 Spring Gear Box a few days ago and I’m so excited about it too! I’m especially looking forward to using the collapsible camping kettle since I love drinking tea, hot chocolate, and coffee while camping.
The Spring Gear Box came with:
- Camping spice and condiment set with two mesh bags containing refillable containers and squeeze bottles (the bottles and containers could also be used for many other things, not just spices)
- One Quickcord for dispensing paracord without tangles, plus a built-in cutting blade and 12-hour emergency nighttime signal
- One collapsible camping kettle
- Stash-and-go pocketknife
- Emergency survival bivvy (thin sleeping bag that adds extra warmth for cold nights and can easily fit inside the sleeping bag you already have)
- One Made with Local real food bar
Other Posts You Might Like:
- British Columbia: The Best Places to Visit in BC, Canada
- 16 Beaches to Visit in Vancouver this Summer
- 20 Things to do in Granville Island, Vancouver
- What to do in Kelowna BC: The Best Kelowna Guides for Every Season
- The Best Things to do in Falkland BC