Blogger Recognition Award Recipient: April Vera Lynn Travels
This post is pretty late but a while ago I was nominated and given the Blogger Recognition Award by Rated by Hannah! I am so excited because last year, April Vera Lynn Travels also won the Liebster Award as well! Thank you so much, Hannah, for this blogger recognition award nomination.
This post contains affiliate links. Should you decide to purchase something from one of my affiliates I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Check out my Disclaimer for more info.
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is a way of bloggers acknowledging each others’ hard work and talent. It takes a lot of work to build up a successful blog after all! Plus anyone who writes or blogs is likely an avid reader as well. I read all the time in order to improve my writing and learn more about the world. Most bloggers and writers are the same way. So there’s a ton of blogs that I currently read all the time that I am absolutely in love with!
What are the Rules of the Blogger Recognition Award?
- Once you have been nominated you make a post like this one and thank your nominator with a shout out. (Pssst Thanks again Hannah!)
- In the post, share a short story about how your blog started.
- Share two pieces of advice to bloggers just starting out.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award as well!
Blogger Recognition Award Recipient: How April Vera Lynn Travels
I started travel blogging about five years ago which seems so weird because I still feel like such a beginner sometimes. I was in university studying anthropology and Spanish and desperately wanting to travel. It only makes sense that my feet started getting really itchy while studying about so many wonderful places. The blog started out as a way for me to write about past trips.
However in 2014 I decided that I didn’t need to wait until I was finished school to travel, I could do it right away. The best decision I ever made was choosing to do a semester abroad in Chile that year. My blog then was more of a way for me to let my friends and family know what I was up to. Ever since my semester abroad all those years ago, I’ve made sure to make travel a big priority in my life. I’ve spent a month in Thailand, lived in Mexico for three years and have explored my own country, Canada, extensively.
Blogger Recognition Award: Advice for Bloggers Starting Out
- Number One: Pick a good blog name. If you are going to start a blog, think long and hard about what you want your blog to be called. I have had to change my blog name thrice since I started and it’s not a fun process. It can be extremely difficult and tedious if you have lots of material written already and you’ve paid for your own hosting. I wish I had thought a little harder and chosen a name I was 100% happy with from the get go but I didn’t. So learn from my experiences and definitely don’t name your blog until you are 100% happy with the name.
- Number Two: Focus on your PASSION and you will be rewarded. While I want you to know that blogging can be hard work, I also want you know that it is so fun and so rewarding in its own way. There are ways to monetize your blog that take a lot of time and energy but eventually you may be able to make some money from your work. If you are serious about writing then you will need a portfolio! That’s where your blog comes in.Money is great but the real rewards from blogging are so much better (in my opinion). This is especially true when you write about your main passions in life. Once I wrote an article about Traveling with Anxiety. A few people ended up messaging me saying that the article helped them to go on their first solo trip and helped them realize some great coping strategies for handling stress!Another time I wrote an article about a great place to see Street Art in Mexico City. Over 900 people ended up sharing the main article photo on Pinterest! Due to this, the artist of the mural in the photo eventually messaged me to say thank you for writing the article and promoting his work! Your blog doesn’t have to have millions of subscribers to be worthwhile. It just has to be filled with honest passion for people to benefit from it.
Blogger Recognition Award: My 15 Blogger Recognition Award Nominees!
- Around the World with Alison: I met Alison while at university in my hometown of Kelowna, Canada and we connected over travel and writing so much! She is basically the most badass backpacker ever. She broke her back while snowboarding in France but was thankfully able to walk, travel and snowboard again! Alison actually helped me land my first paid writing gig which was amazing and she is now working on her own memoir as well as traveling non-stop.
- Nutrition Abroad: Tara and Dan have such an amazing blog! They write about travel and food from around the world. Guess what? They even have a ton of recipes from all sorts of world cuisines! They also helped me out on my last blog post about 16 of the Best Vegetarian and Vegan Dishes from Around the World by sharing a delicious meal they had in Thailand.
- Traveling Mrs: Addie is a travel enthusiast who shares tips and tricks on how to balance money, family and commitments while still being able to travel.
- Take Your Bag: Alice and Simone are French and Italian newlyweds who seem to be on an everlasting honeymoon. From the USA to Hong Kong, Tokyo and Belfast these two are an unstoppable travel duo who also blog about yoga and vegan food.
- Hanging Out with the Hambricks: Holly and Tyler are another married couple traveling the world as much as possible. These two live in Europe with their puppy and can’t stop exploring. Holly and Tyler fill their blog with tons of Europe inspiration!
- Chesca is Lost: Chesca is a travel addict who explores the world with her partner, Ben. The two are digital nomads and both quit their corporate jobs for a life of freedom and travel. Chesca’s photos are so dreamy!
- That Texas Couple: Marty and Michelle are a dynamic travel duo who have explored tons of places around Europe and the USA. The Texas natives are passionate about seeing the world and have tips on how you can save money to do the same on their blog.
- From East To West with RMS: Rachel is a travel enthusiast who loves travel planning. From East To West with RMS is filled with helpful travel guides and tips for navigating different countries.
- Wandering with A Dromomaniac: Nicole is a ‘dromomaniac’. This means she has an insatiable desire to see the world and wants to share that passion with others. Nicole is also a veterinarian so aside from her posts being wanderlust-worthy, she also writes about and photographs a lot of wildlife.
- Expat and the City: Samantha is a Canadian city girl who spent the last two years teaching in South Korea. She has some incredible tips for life and travel in Asia and her photos are truly incredible!
- Savvi Scouts: Savannah, or ‘Savvi’ as her friends call her is an expat living in Germany. Savvi has a background in finance and fills her blog with stories and tips on how to save up for amazing trips.
- Chasing Krista: Krista’s blog is so full of travel tips. She has been to over 20 countries and has taught English to kindergartner’s in Thailand. Her photos are also super wanderlust worthy.
- That Anxious Traveler: I have a special place in my heart for this blog as I also suffer from anxiety. This blog will help you take steps out of your comfort zone so you can see the world.
- Travel Greener: This blog by Danielle is super inspiring to me as she is a fellow sustainable travel blogger! She has some really good tips and resources on how to travel greener.
- A Yorkshire Girl Travels: Claire’s blog, A Yorkshire Girl Travels holds tons of tips about life in South East Asia. Claire is currently taking a gap year to experience life abroad and has been blogging about various subjects for more than ten years.
Other posts you might like:
- Liebster Award Nomination: April Vera Lynn Travels
- Blog Promotion: 13 Facebook Groups to Promote Your Travel Blog In
- Grow Blog Traffic: 8 Things I Did To Double My Travel Blog Traffic In 1 Year